Saturday, August 8, 2009

I'm Published!!!

So as promised I am here to tell y'all about how I got my photo PUBLISHED! My picture was published in the book below (Best of College Photography 2009)!! This is so flippin' exciting!

Ok, so to start at the beginning and end at the end. For those of you who don't remember or for those who've never read this blog before I mentioned in an earlier blog post that I had not only entered a photo contest but also managed to make it as a finalist!!

After the exciting news that I was actually a finalist, out of the 3000+ people who entered I was totally on cloud 9!! I was so caught up on my cloud I forgot I ordered the book! So just a couple of days ago I finally received the book with my photo in it! YAY!!!!


AHH looks that's my name! This is so very exciting! And as a bonus or some sort of awesome fate my photo is on an even page (222! Ugh I hate off numbers, is that strange?) Also my photograph is in the middle of a page which I find fitting because I always feel a little more comfortable being sandwiched! I am such a silly middle child.

Anywho I just wanted to share my awesome-o news! It really is nice to know people enjoy my photography because, jee-wiz, I just love taking pictures!!

Alrighty it's time for me to beat feet. But wait! one more fun fact...I'm going to ALASKA!!!!!!! Ok I'm outtie, Peace Love and Hula Hoops!!

4 comments:

  1. congratulations! i'm so proud. mom showed me the photo in the book, but i didn't get a chance to look at the whole book yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Emily! Getting your own photo published is definitely exciting and makes you want to take even MORE snaps. Can't wait to see the shot that made the book. When is ALASKA?!?!

    :)L

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photo and great that you found, pursued, entered, and were selected for that very cool photo album.

    great going em!

    ReplyDelete