Thursday, February 12, 2009

"The Photo"

Howdy folks! I'm not sure if all of you are aware but I entered into a photo contest about 4 months ago. Well late last month I got some VERY exciting news. Out of the 3000+ students (from all over the USA and Canada) I was a finalist!! (there were 100 students picked to be finalists!)
So above is the photo I sent in. It's Titled "Alley". The picture was taken in early May in 2008. I took the picture in North Hampton which is close to Amherst (for those of you don't I go to UMass Amherst). While In NoHo with my friend Celina and her family (the young girl in the photo is Celinas sister) I was drawn to this empty alley that had fun graffiti on the walls. Next thing I know I was totally creeping on Celina and her siblings while they waited for me to stop taking photos and their parents to stop buying in some store. But all I can say thank goodness I'm such a creeper because this photo is awesome and made me a finalist in a flippin photo contest!!!! Hope you all enjoy it!

5 comments:

  1. WOW. I didn't know that! Congratulations! When do they announce the winner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the winners (first through fourth) were already announced. i wasn't one of them obviously lolz but i'm still super excited that i made it so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yayy!!! congrats on being a finalist.. that is so exciting.

    p.s. i'm also very glad you came into the blogging world and thanks for the comments <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost a photo finish.
    gramma

    ReplyDelete
  5. em..you have a great eye for composition...keep at it.

    ReplyDelete