Monday, April 13, 2009

Life is an Adventure, Let Me Tell You

These past couple of days have been flying by!! Seems like just last Monday I was scheming my latest adventures!! So let me tell you about my weekend adventures!

Thursday: I woke up to a warm day (yay!) and by 11am I was off on my Boston/Salem adventure. Took the bus from Amherst to Boston South Station. The T from S.Station to North Station and then the Commuter Rail from N.Station to Salem. The entire trip took 4 hours! But it was soo worth it!!!

I went to Salem for my friend Ashley's very first Drag Show!!! Ashley is a drag King named Jude. Jude was amazing I was like a proud mother!! In high school he was never like this, he would've paid people to leave him alone and now only a couple years later he was in his very first Drag Show!!! YAY JUDE!!

This is a picture of Jude and a friend getting ready for the show. I obviously didn't take many picture of people getting ready because for many of these kids they aren't dressed until they are in full drag. I felt for privileged to be able to be there while many of them got ready and damn those guys know how to dress to impress!! Over all the experience was amazing and I am so glad I went!. Jude's act was totally awesome, he and his two friends were totally stellar! And over all feel completely honored that Jude invited me (I was like the only person he invited to see him in his first ever show!) After the show I met Jude's new girlfriend, who was also in the show, went out to eat with them and some friends and most importantly I saw the house used in HOCUS POCUS!!!!! Sadly I have not photgraphic evidence but I saw it and it was EPIC!!! [bed time 3am]

Friday: up early because Jude had class. Met up with my ex-freshman-roommate JESSIE HOMAN!!! For thse of you who don't know Jessie Homan is the cat's pajamas! She is defiantly one of my favorite people in the whole world who I don't see nearly enough!! I got to see her and Sam who is one of her friends who became my friend...I love friends! We went to Bagel World (oh heaven!!!) then Sam was nice enough to give me a ride to Boston. Then I was on my 4hr adventure back home where I went to work then had a Passover dinner with the roommates!! I hope my grandma is super proud of that fact! [bedtime about 12]


This is me being a smart ass and wishing my family a happy passover while they were all in New Jersey while I was home in NA.

Saturday: Up early and breakfast with the amazing and beautiful Steph Bose!! She's been in DC rockin it's socks off with her awesomeness!! We went to the Lone Wolf for breakfast with our friends molly and then Miss Bose was nice enough to give me a ride home! We chatted and had a fab time then I met up with Hannah and as usual we went everywhere saw everyone and had a blast doing so!! [bedtime 4ish]

Sunday: started out like any lazy sunday aka made myself a HUGE breakfast!!! I took a nap and delightfully woke up to my FAMILY!! it was nice getting to see them even if April was sadly missing and it was only for an hour. But I defiantly needed some amazing may time because I've missed them OODDLES!!!!!!! Then back to Amhert with me.


I promise to put more pictures up from the drag show and the weekend up on Flickr but right now my brain is melting and I need some sleep! Night everyone!!! peace love and hoolahoops!

1 comment:

  1. whew-i'm needing a nap just reading all those awesome adventures. thats a lotta livin'!

    ReplyDelete