Thursday, March 26, 2009

spring break, what an adventure!





I realize now I was sorta kinda maybe a little vague about Vegas. So, here is a post to better explain my super adventure!

I stayed at the Palms Hotel which was super nice! We were maybe a half mile off the strip so we did a lot of walking! I didn't mind the walk at all because I walk to and from campus everyday (and I mean EVERY day).Plus, it was always super warm out! So yes in the picture I stayed in the Palms Hotel that is on the right the other one is the Playboy Bunny Palms Hotel. If you wanted to know a little too much information I stayed on the 26th floor! hehe.


So I left for Vegas on Friday the 13th with Hannah and we met up with Jake in the airport. Funny fact: we took a limo to our hotel! You may be thinking super expensive but it was actually cheaper than a cab....because we shared it with three strangers.
(^the strip)
Pretty much we just walked around. We went and visited most of the hotels on the strip. Saturday was Jake's birthday and we also met up with my housemate Zipper (Zach) and his California friends.

Jake returned to Utah on Monday and Hannah and I took our epic walk to the Stratosphere! Now I've already mentioned we were kind of off the strip but when we did walk up were in the middle of everything. We were moments away from most of the coolest hotels, so, when Hannah and I decided to visit the Stratosphere we thought nothing of a "little" walk. DAMN that place was far away!! It was worth is though, I took the picture of the strip there. So we walked all the way there and had to walk ALL the way back.

The return was way cooler because we went and saw a free outside show at the Treasure Island Hotel. It was this really cool pirate show called the Sirens of TI. There was dancing, music, a light show, fire, fireworks and a sinking ship! Way neat! And after that we went and say Cirques du Soleil's LOVE. It was amazing and the music was obviously incredible!


Sorry I'm still being so vague but the whole trip is a blerr, there was just so much excitement and long days with exciting nights. Craziness! Oh but one more interesting thing I feel a should comment on is that yes, I did gamble!! And even more interesting I won some dollars!! Well I won 2.25 which isn't bad. I decieded to not cash in my winnings because not only am I not 21 but I thought I would enjoy it more in my journal where I can giggle about my gambeling adventure. In the end the trip is something i could never forget even if I can't remeber what happened on what day! And it also makes me look forward tp future adventures and endevers!

Well it's time for me to get ready for class. Hope everyone enjoys the beautiful spring weather!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace, Love and Hoolahoops!!

1 comment:

  1. emily, i hope you wind up with a job that would have you traveling all over the globe, and then you'd blog about it and show us through your eyes all your adventures.

    ReplyDelete